Monday, May 6, 2013

Profile Process

This piece was way harder for me to write than I thought. i felt like we did so much good build up reading, like I had all of my strategies down, but when it actually came down to it I couldn't project any of that theory onto my writing. First of all, I don't really know what story i'm trying to tell here... I want to tell all of it, but I'm starting to see that maybe there are some sub-stries in here I could zoom in on. But I go back and forth, because I feel like the point of the assignment is to write about oval themes and subjects in their life. I also felt like I relied on quotes SO much. Probably too much. He just said things so nicely. Is it too much?
I also wrote with a little bit of perpetual fear. He is such a sharp, knowledgeable, witty, and accomplished person I feared not capturing him properly, so that's probably why I relied so much on the ways he captured himself. I am also working on getting some other sources in here (writing that other people have done about him) but I had some logistical issues with that and couldn't get the book in time. My apologies. Basically, I know this piece could be loads better, but I don't know how to go out it. Mehhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment