Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Writing Process

Whoops, sorry about that:

This piece was really fun to report and write. I feel like I could play around with it for the rest of this summer and still find fun ways to describe the things that I saw and overheard. I feel lucky to have such good material, but at the same time it leaves me with an enormous amount of dissatisfaction, like I could always be saying something better, that I haven't felt with my other pieces. It's good to get feedback about what sounds good and is enjoyable to read, and what is just dull or sounds confusing. And Colin is right, I don't have a conflict. I guess every show man/woman at the show had their own conflict and pot of gold: a dinky ribbon to put in their glass wall case at home, but I'm trying to capture the whole scene here, so in that sense I don't know what the conflict is. Maybe we can talk about this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment